Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Free Speech and Language Screenings at Local Daycares and Preschools

I am pleased to announce that I am now offering free speech and language screenings at local daycares and preschools in Columbia, Missouri!  I am now offering free speech and language screenings at community daycares and preschools for children of all ages.  I will come out to your center and perform simple 5-10 minute screenings with any children whose parents sign a consent form.  I will also ask the teacher a few questions about any concerns she may have.  Then, I will send home a letter explaining my findings.

What I will Be Looking For: 

The child is hard to understand
The child isn’t talking as much as other children his age
The child isn’t able to put sentences together
The child is stuttering
The child doesn’t follow directions or understand others well
The child doesn’t know what things are called
The child is not able to communicate socially

After the Screening:

After the screenings, I will be available to parents to explain my findings and   present them with options for therapy in town, including but not limited to my own services, free services through the public schools and First Steps, and other paid options in town such as the University and Thompson Center.  I will also be able to provide home strategies or activities that they can use at home to improve speech and language skills.


If you are interested in setting up a free screening at your childcare center or if you are interested in a free screening for your child, please call me at 573-489-7659 or email me at ColumbiaCSLC@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. therapy centres in Manchester are the concern maybe such as over indulgence, cravings, addictions, fears, stress relief and more It is our priority to provide resolution's' to these. Customising every single treatment individually. With more then 1 solution being provided for the necessary outcome or results.Our practice offers treatments only to the standards of: ●THE AB-N.L.P All our staff have been pre-screened before employment ●ADV PRA, ●DYP HYP, ●CBT PRA NLP PRA, ●ABNLP Master.

    ReplyDelete